Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Gumdale - Merlot @@@ (3 corks)

Retails: $6.99 (Total Wine)

After having so much success with Gumdale's Cabernet Sauvignon, I decided to give Merlot a try. Surprisingly, Merlot wine was the first I was introduced to and it has remained one of my favorites. Frequently, it's the first variety I'll try within a particular brand. I decided to try this one while performing a ritual I try and do weekly: a bubble bath. Not just any bubble bath, I always drop a Lush "bath bomb" or "bubble bar" into the tub, and soak while drinking a glass of wine and reading The Week magazine. No, none of these companies are paying me to promote them! A little Lush, politics, and wine make for a wonderful combination.

This Merlot, however, didn't strike me as anything particularly out of the ordinary. If you like Merlot, you will like this one. It has a smooth flavor that contains a hint of spice. The one thing about this glass that I'm not particularly keen on is the slightly sour after taste coupled with the dryness.

Final Words: Not distinctive but not bad.

0 comments: