Friday, May 15, 2009

Double Dog Dare - Merlot @@@@ (4 corks!)

Retails: $2.99 (!!) (Total Wine)

Seriously, for the price, this is one heck of a deal!

It may not be fancy like many other wines I've got on here, judging by the name they are apparently aware of how inexpensively priced their wine happens to be. I took the dare, and darn it all, it's a super good value.

Rich, crimson color; bold, classic, merlot taste. The flavors edge on the berry-side of taste with the teeniest bit of dryness in the finish. It's good with food or without, it has enough flavor to hold up against a sumptuous repas.

Final words: I'm speechless, really. I can't get over the explosion of flavor in contrast with the price. I've had way more expensive merlots in the past that weren't nearly this good. Seriously, worth a shot.

0 comments: