Saturday, July 11, 2009

Beringer - Merlot @@@ (3 corks!)---- GIRLS' NIGHT PART 3

Retails: $9.99

To Recap: The panelists are: myself, Mrs. Almighty, Sunshine, Pineapple, and S. Breezey (Fo Sheezey)

Aside from Mrs. Almighty---note: I only call her this because we call my boss "Ben Almighty," --- I was in a sea of white wine drinkers at Girls' Night. She shares my passion for dry wines, therefore I LOVE her. :)

This selection comes from S. Breezey and I consider it a total win in that Sunshine, an avid Mike n' Ikes consumer and wine neophyte who currently enjoys sweet whites, actually said: "For a red...I actually like this! The aftertaste is good!" SCORE!

Pineapple found it a little too strong for her liking but she DID say it's the best red wine she's had, so proceed with caution with strict white wine drinkers.

Beringer Merlot had a smooth, oakey flavor with a buttery after taste that was slightly dry. It's very drinkable and as far as reds go, it's quite low in tannin flavor so I can understand why infrequent red wine drinkers would find it palatable. I can say that I was completely shocked at how good this Beringer was. Apparently, S. Breezey used to work in a restaurant where this was the house red. It was such a hit with myself and Mrs. Almighty that we finished off the last two glasses in the bottle. Yum!

0 comments: