Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Gnarly Head - Cabernet Sauvignon @@@@ (4 corks!)

Retails: Gift :)

My parents have a condo in a subdivision located across the street from mine. They don't live permanently in Florida (yet) so most of the time their condo sits idle...and I tend to use it as my guest house. One of my closest friends from home who currently lives in Jacksonville has been using it as her home while trying to find a job in my county. Even though it's not technically my guesthouse, I still get a lovely bottle of wine every time she visits; therefore, I LOVE her. She also makes sure every time that it's under $10 so I'll have something to write about.

This Gnarly Head Cab is EXCELLENT. It's everything you'd want in a Cab. Excellent, forceful smell with an equally flavorful taste, but not so overpowering that it doesn't pair well with anything you're eating. There's a slight bit of dryness in the finish, but overall this is a very smooth red. Even my non-wine-drinking boyfriend said "oooooo!" when he sampled it. When paired with Italian food, it's a dangerous combination. It's also satisfying when paired with something spicy -- just had some chips and salsa and it was stellar as a compliment. Delicious!

0 comments: