Saturday, July 4, 2009

Cardiff - Cabernet Sauvignon @@@@ (4 corks)


Retails: $6.99 (Total Wine)

Now here's a Cab with some serious flavor. Cardiff's Cab is smoke-y and mysterious. Tannins and dryness? Check. Is that cherry I taste? Is it blueberry? Whatever it is, I'm having another for sure.

It's the 4th of July and I've had an amazing evening. I live relatively near the famous Sunshine Skyway bridge that connects Palmetto, Florida to St. Pete. Years ago, there was a different bridge in its place that collapsed after a boat struck a pillar. The remaining landings on each side are now fishing piers. From these piers, you can see no fewer than 10 firework displays going off all around you, Palmetto, Bradenton, Anna Maria, St. Pete Beach, St. Petersburg, Tampa. Probably the most incredible place to celebrate the 4th for sure.

I hope everyone is enjoying a festive, and most importantly safe, 4th of July weekend. Cheers!

0 comments: