Monday, April 26, 2010

Lucky Duck - Malbec @@@ (3 corks)


Retails: $3.97 (Wal-Mart)

At $3.97 per bottle, I had to take a gander for myself (so pun-er-ific!)

I wouldn't call it the world's most incredible wine but for the price, it's really not half bad. I also wouldn't have pinned it for being a Malbec either, but hey, if you're looking for a red with a nice flavor and you've got $5 to your name, you've come to the right place. I would really call it 2 corks if it wasn't for the bargain price!

Aside from the adorably handsome label, you'll enjoy a medium-bodied red that delivers a flavorful combination of chocolate and cherry notes and a bit of a bite--but not too hard. I wouldn't call it sweet, but there's a certain softness about this wine at the start. It's not overly dry but it certainly packs a bit of a chomp on your taste buds towards the finish. It's really quite a good find considering the price. It's equally good alone as it is when paired with a meal.

If you're simply strapped for cash, you'd be hard-pressed to find another bottle under $5 with such a good flavor.

0 comments: