Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pilot Mountain - Sweet Red Muscadine Wine @@@@ (4 corks)

Retails: $7.99 (Total Wine)

First off, Pilot Mountain's Sweet Red Muscadine Wine is the most beautiful light red color. My fiance mentioned that it would be the perfect Valentine's Day wine; it just glows within the glass. As I've previously blogged, I'm a fan of muscadine wines but my father is an even bigger fan. He says it reminds him of his childhood in Georgia, picking muscadines off the vine. I always stock up on muscadine wines from San Sebastian and Lakerdige Winery (both local to Florida) when he's in town, this one may have to make the list.

This sweet muscadine wine is beautiful on its own as a dessert wine. I wouldn't recommend trying to pair it with food except for maybe some brie. It's a delightful find, even if I'm typically true to my red wine affinities, I'm not opposed to the occasional "dessert" glass (yum!) If you know somebody who has a giant sweet-tooth and may not be the biggest wine drinker, I'm sure they would approve of this varietal (here's lookin' at you, Missy Midden).

0 comments: