Sunday, April 11, 2010

3 Blind Moose - Pinot Grigio @@@ (3 Corks)

Retails: ? Gift (assured it was under $10) from Publix

2 1/2 years ago I had the extraordinary good fortune of being hired at one of the premier tourism publishers in the USA. From its crayola-box colored walls to its casual office environment, I couldn't have picked a more suitable work environment for yours truly.

I had original applied to this company as a web editor, a position that had been filled by the time I applied. Due to my semester's worth of video production experience in college, our fabulous HR recruiter steered me towards a burgeoning video production team capturing the best of Florida and beyond--all while riding around on a giant, colorful RV.

For over a year, I traveled from the panhandle to the Keys capturing all of the best hotels, delectable eats, exciting attractions and beautiful vistas Florida has to offer. Everywhere we went, we were treated like rock stars. Free meals at 5-star restaurants. Free theme park tickets. Meeting celebrities. Chillin' out in penthouse suites perched high above the sands of some of the best beaches in the country. How dreamy!

Eventually, and perhaps surprisingly, the constant instability of being gone a minimum of two weeks per month, was too much to deal with. My rock-star treatment had caused me to gain almost 20 pounds due to the lack of a regular fitness regimen and noshing on 5-star meals late at night. I know most of you are shaking your heads at me right now, but at some point in the 200 or so videos we produced, I got bored. I became disenchanted with road life and couldn't wait for a regular schedule...

...and the dawning of a "normal" office job again.
I know, ridiculous, right? Road life was not a permanent fixture for me. And so, for the past year-plus, I've been an office rat--again by a shear miracle that a job as "coordinator" of our exciting video production team became available. I am a cubicle monkey...and I can't say that I'm mad.

One thing that's been a huge plus is getting to know people in the office. It was an odd experience being a part of the elusive "Open Florida crew." (yeah, that's what we were called). People knew who we were, we were plastered all over one particular client's website, but I had no idea who the other people were in the office. My crew was like family, but I still feel weird that there are particular people that I've communicated with via email who I wouldn't recognize on the street (or in the office kitchen).
Two of these lovelies are the heroines of www.sillygoosetravel.com --- an artist from our creative department and a (former) writer from our editorial department. They have graciously given me a recurring guest spot on their blog, and I in return.
On one of my excursions to Total Wine, I came across a wine branded none other than SILLY GOOSE. I promptly purchased it for my silly goose girlie in creative---her guest blog should be up, erm, some day.

As a gift, she presented me with this lovely bottle under $10 in return. I have previously reviewed a red by 3 Blind Moose and I was presently surprised by this white. Fruity, crisp and deliciously aromatic, 3 Blind Moose triumphs again with an enjoyable white that is perfect for every-day drinking (OK, I understand that SOME don't have wine everyday, but I do---hey, it's good for your heart and psyche)! It's a beautiful wine to pour, golden in color, if you intend to serve it at a gathering, your guests will delight in its clarity and sunny radiance.
Enjoy!

0 comments: